Upcoming Speaking Events
8th Annual the North Texas Christian Writers Conference
I am excited to be part of the faculty for the 8th Annual the North Texas Christian Writers Conference, September 16 - 17, 2011 at Cross Timbers Community Church, Keller Campus.
My two sessions are:
- Brand Boot Camp for Beginners
- Be Your Own Publicist
For more information visit www.NTChristianWriters.com
Although I enjoy speaking on friendship and family life to groups like Mothers of Preschoolers, I have been a sought after speaker in the public relations industry for many years. Some of my experience includes:
- Presenter at 2002 PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) International Conference in San Francisco -Brand Boot Camp: Basic Training for PR Professionals
- Keynote speaker for Oregon PRSA Chapter Annual General Meeting in March 2004 on the role of communications in developing and levering public relations programs to deliver results.
- Featured speaker on live call-in telecast hosted Bulldog Reporter – a public relations industry association and newsletter.
- Panelist at Dallas PRSA chapter special event on Strategies for Communicating to a Global Audience. I addressed issues related to cultural sensitivity, language translation and time zone differences.
- Co-creator of Making the News: Marketing and Media Relations for Not-for-Profit Organizations, a seminar series for non-profit groups and faith-based organizations to learn how to write news releases, hold news conferences, develop communication and marketing plans, advertising and crisis communications.
If you are interested in having me speak to your group or at your conference I am available to address topics related to public relations especially, media relations and maximizing communications plans at both strategic and tactical levels.